Tag: 贵族宝贝


first_imgABC News(ST. GEORGE, Utah) — A Utah high school student, who had allegedly researched information on the Islamic State terrorist group, has been arrested on suspicion planting a homemade backpack bomb in his school cafeteria and attempting to detonate it at lunchtime, authorities said Wednesday.Classmates of the suspect thwarted the alleged bombing attempt Monday at Pine View High School in St. George, Utah, when they spotted smoke coming from the backpack and alerted a school resource officer, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.The school was immediately evacuated and the Washington County bomb squad was called to detonate the device, officials said.“They confirmed this absolutely was an explosive device and had it detonated it could have caused severe injury, potentially death and damage,” Officer Lona Trombley, spokeswoman for the St. George Police Department, told ABC News Wednesday.The device was left in the cafeteria around lunchtime Monday and there were numerous students near it, she added.“He had attempted to light the fuse so the bomb would explode,” Trombley said of the suspect.Investigators searched the suspect’s house in Hurricane, Utah, and allegedly found materials consistent with manufacturing a homemade explosive, officials said. They also allegedly uncovered evidence that the juvenile male, whose name has not been released, had researched information about ISIS and expressed interest in promoting the terrorist group.The teenager arrested in the incident is also suspected of vandalizing Hurricane High School Feb. 15, police in that nearby town said.In the vandalism incident, a U.S. flag was taken down from a pole in front of the school and graffiti reading “ISIS is coming” was spray-painted on a school wall, police said.Student Jack Whalen said he spotted the suspicious backpack, which was open and smoking. He said a friend immediately went to notify the school resource office.“I came around the corner and I could smell smoke. As I walked by, I looked inside of it [the backpack] and I could see the matches inside of it,” Whalen told the St. George News.The school of around 1,100 students was evacuated to a football stadium where the suspect was arrested.The suspect, who remained in custody today, was charged with the manufacture, possession, sale, use or attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction, Thombley, the St. George Police Department spokeswoman, said. He was also charged with mischief stemming from the alleged vandalism at the school in Hurricane, she added.The investigation, with the help of the FBI, is ongoing and officials said other charges could be filed against the suspect.“It was really scary,” Olivia Jones, a senior at the school, told ABC Salt Lake City affiliate KTVX-TV. “I saw cops coming from one side and then another side and grabbed this kid that was literally like five feet from her. They were kind of aggressive with him and brought him up to the top of the stadium and they were like patting him down and searching him and stuff, and he actually ended up being the suspect.”Jones said the suspect is in her seminary class and described him as “super quiet.”“My seminary teacher was saying that before they had been evacuated, he was like hysterically laughing, which is sort of like out of the usual for him,” she added.During a news conference at the school Monday, Steve Dunham, spokesman for the Washington County School District, credited the quick response from students and school resource officers in preventing anyone from being injured in the incident. He said that since the mass shooting Feb. 14 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, security has been boosted at all schools in the district.“Since the incident that took place in Florida, our school resource officers have been very present,” Dunham told reporters. “We’ve had additional officers throughout all of our schools. All of the police departments that we work with have had additional officers out and around our buildings.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more


first_imgA funeral mass was offered June 8 at St. Paul of the Cross Church, Jersey City, for Linda Miller, 70, of Jersey City. She passed away June 4 at J. F. K. Medical Center in Edison, surrounded by her family. Born at Fort Dix to the late Joe and Rose Waddell she was a lifetime resident of Jersey City. Linda was a retired Administrator for Duro Test Inc., North Bergen She was the wife of the late Sgt. Alan Miller and is survived by her daughters, Lisa Calligy and Terence Hayes, and Amanda Miller. She is also survived by her siblings JoAnne Carlson and Paul, Mary Lou Gesslein and Andy, Jackie Huber and Fred as well as her granddaughters Isabella, Lilyanna and Savannah and nieces Amber, Chloe, Tory and nephews Michael and Eric and her friend Maria Perez.Services arranged by the Leber Funeral Home, Union City.last_img read more


first_imgGame five is Thursday in Armstrong.Rebels edge Rockets to take command of Kootenay Conference FinalThe Castlegar Rebels took complete control of the Kootenay Conference Final by skating to a hard-fought 3-1 road victory against the Rockets Monday night in Golden.The Rebels now lead the best-of-seven Kootenay International Junior Hockey League playoff series 3-0 with Game four Tuesday in Golden.Matt Reed, Travis Wellman and Jamie Vlanich, into an empty net, scored for Castlegar, which led 1-0 after two periods.The first period was scoreless.Golden out shot the Rebels 35-30 but could only get one goal, that by Shane Rutherford, past Connor Beauchamp in the Castlegar nets.Castlegar opened the series with two lopsided wins at home on the weekend — 4-0 and 7-1. The Castlegar Rebels are off to the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League Final after making quick work of the Golden Rockets in the Kootenay Conference Championship.The Rebels completed the sweep Tuesday in Golden by edging the Rockets 3-2.Castlegar wins the best-of-seven series 4-0.Castlegar built a 3-0 lead on goals by Kody Disher, Bryan Lubin and Brendan Heinrich.Blake Roney and Brad Orr scored  in the third but the Rockets could not close any closer despite out shooting Castlegar 26-19.The Rebels now await the winner of the Osoyoos/North Okanagan series with the Knights leading 3-1 after pounding the Coyotes 5-1 Tuesday in the South Okanagan.last_img read more


first_imgARCADIA, Calif. (June 19, 2015)–Bred and owned by Jerry and Ann Moss, Honey Ride, a 4-year-old Kentucky-bred filly by Candy Ride, stalked the early pace and took command under Tyler Baze midway around the far turn en route to an impressive 4 ½ length win in Friday’s $60,000 allowance feature at Santa Anita. Trained by John Sadler, Honey Ride got a flat mile in 1:35.93.The second choice in a field of five fillies and mares three and up, she paid $5.20, $3.20 and $2.20. A first condition allowance winner at Santa Anita two starts back, she improved her overall mark to 10-3-1-2. With the winner’s share of $36,000, she increased her earnings to $156,950.“We wanted to get her into the race more, get her more interested so I sat a little closer today,” said Baze, who guided her to a third place finish going a mile and a sixteenth in her most recent start on May 3. “Last time out, I had a bad trip…I was wide and today I thought it might be the same trip but a couple of the guys took hold going into the first turn, so I only had to go two wide, which was good…She ran like a good thing today.”Ridden by Flavien Prat, Uruguayan-bred Gusto Dolce, the longest shot in the field, out ran favored Sky Mega by a half length for second and paid $12.60 and $3.40.Sky Mega, who was the 7-5 favorite under Rafael Bejarano, showed the way to the five sixteenths pole and finished third, 3 ¾ lengths clear of Front Range. Sky Mega paid $2.10 to show.Fractions on the race were 22.92, 46.63, 1:10.93 and 1:23.17.Saturday’s nine-race card will be highlighted by the Grade II, $200,000 Summertime Oaks. First post time is 12:30 p.m. Admission gates open at 10:30 a.m.last_img read more


first_imgMembers of the Mica Action Group (MAG) brought the issue to an international stage yesterday (Sat) as they spoke at US conference. Ann Owens and Eileen Doherty represented the group at the crumbling basements conference in Connecticut.Ann Owens, Chairperson of MAG, said: “We were joined by a number of groups (or coalitions) who are also fighting for justice for their homeowners in the US (Connecticut and Massachusetts) and Canada (Quebec) and are encountering similar challenges to ourselves. “The parallels in all of these cases is simply astounding,” she added.“There were many lessons learnt from the conference and hope to bring some of these to our campaign and equally hope we have shared some of the things that MAG have done well through this journey.“As I said at the end of my speech ‘Ni neart go cur le cheile’ which means ‘we are stronger together’.“Indeed after yesterday, it is clear that this international partnership can result only in benefits for all concerned.” Mica Action Group represented on international stage at US conference was last modified: October 6th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more


first_imgMizoram Chief Minister Zoramthanga on Saturday told the Union Home Minister Amit Shah that the people of the State are against the proposed amendment to the Citizenship Act, 1955, an official statement said. “The Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2019 could open a floodgate of illegal immigrants in Mizoram”, an official statement said. CM Zoramthanga met Union Home Minister Amit Shah at the Raj Bhavan in Aizawl and the two leaders discussed several other issues. This was Mr. Shah’s first visit to Mizoram after assuming office.last_img


first_imgOceana, the largest international advocacy organization focused solely on ocean conservation, will host the 8th annual SeaChange Summer Party – an invite-only, celebrity red carpet event benefitting our world’s oceans – on August 1.This year’s “Mad about the Oceans” event will include a world-class auction and cocktail reception, followed by a gourmet seated dinner and exciting live auction and program. The night will end with a SeaChange Post-Party Lounge, where guests can dance under the stars. Presenting sponsor for the event is BMWi and the Orange County BMW Dealers.Special Guests Jon Hamm and Oceana Ambassador January Jones will unite to celebrate the work of Oceana, the world’s largest international organization focused solely on ocean conservation.The event will also honor the work of Marine Ecologist and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence, Enric Sala. Confirmed guests include: Sam Waterston (Law & Order ), Laura Dern (Wild, Jurassic Park), Dennis Haysbert (24, The Unit), Reid Scott (Veep), Beth Behrs (Two Broke Girls), Michael Gladis (Mad Men), Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Kristin Bauer van Straten (True Blood), Renee Olstead (Secret Life of the American Teenager), Oscar Nunez (The Office), Leonor Varela (Dallas), Olympic swimmer Aaron Peirsol and more.To learn more please visit SeaChangeSummerParty.org.last_img read more


first_imgATHENS, Greece – Greece’s eight-year bailout ordeal will forever be bookended by two of the country’s iconic islands.In choosing the western island of Ithaca to declare the end of the bailout era Tuesday, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras harked back to one of the country’s legendary heroes from antiquity.From the purported home place of Odysseus, the mythical Mycenaean king whose arduous 10-year travels are immortalized in Homer’s “Odyssey,” Tsipras said in a televised address that Greece was ready to become a “normal” country again.“Since 2010, Greece has undergone a modern Odyssey,” he said, in a speech heavy on Homeric and nautical allusions. “Ithaca is just the beginning.”Tsipras declared that Greece has regained its financial freedom, after years of bowing to bailout creditors’ demands for — sorely-needed — cutbacks and reforms.Overlooking a small bay from the pine-forested hills, Tsipras’ address provided a reminder of the beginning of Greece’s crisis. In 2010, then-prime minister George Papandreou addressed the Greek people from the eastern island of Kastellorizo, informing them that the country was effectively bankrupt and had to get financial help.In return for the loans, successive governments imposed crippling cutbacks to right the country’s finances and balance budgets deeply in the red. Over the bailout era, the Greek economy contracted by a quarter and unemployment swelled with one in five still out of work. Incomes were repeatedly slashed and taxes hiked.It’s clearly been a hugely difficult and painful journey for Greece and one that has lasted almost as long as Odysseus’ legendary adventures.Odysseus was an unwilling protagonist in the 10-year Trojan War, a semi-mythical expedition by Mycenaean Greek kingdoms to conquer the city of Troy in what is now northwestern Turkey. After the fall of Troy, pursued by angry gods, Odysseus took another ten years of trials and tribulations at sea to return to Ithaca.And once there, battered and in a beggar’s rags, Odysseus found his home taken over by a bunch of youths who were badgering his faithful wife to remarry. He massacred them, and a more apocryphal story tells how later Odysseus died at the hands of his own son with the enchantress Circe.“Now we have reached our destination,” Tsipras said. “The bailouts that carried with them austerity and recession and turned our country into a social desert are over.”“Our country is regaining its right to define its own fortunes and future,” he added. “Like a normal European country, without having policies forced on it by foreign officials, with no more blackmail, no more sacrifices for our people.”Greek stocks closed 1 per cent down Tuesday, while the yield on the benchmark 10-year Greek bond fell slightly to 4.2 per cent.Opposition leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis, whose conservative New Democracy party is leading in Greek opinion polls ahead of scheduled parliamentary elections next year, poured scorn on Tsipras’ “false” Ithaca symbolism.“We have not reached the end of the journey,” he said. “Today is the end of cheap funding, but the harsh measures and heavy commitments undertaken by Mr. Tsipras continue.”The country remains shackled to the austerity demands of its former creditors. And even though it has little fear of new calls for cutbacks from abroad, its hard-won fiscal freedom still carries a high price.Though the country will no longer have to pass regular checks from creditors to get money it needs to avoid bankruptcy, it cannot return to the old lax ways that put it in a mess in the first place.During the past eight years, Greece avoided bankruptcy after getting loans worth some 260 billion euros ($300 billion) from the other countries that use the euro currency, and from the International Monetary Fund.Though Greece has turned a massive deficit on its annual budget into a sizeable surplus, further austerity measures remain on the horizon. Pre-agreed pension cuts and tax hikes lurk in 2019 and 2020.Greece has a 24 billion-euro cash buffer, set up with the help of bailout funds that will provide substantial breathing space up to the summer of 2020.After that, it will really have to stand on its own feet and as such it will have to take consideration of the demands of investors in international bond markets — any slippage on the budget front could see the interest rates they charge for Greece to borrow rise again, potentially to unsustainable rates.In the coming period, Greece must develop a working relationship with private investors, who will need robust signs of fiscal prudence, adherence to agreed reforms and economic growth to agree to place their funds in a country whose credit rating is still well below investment grade.The GSEE main private sector labour union contended Tuesday that the Greek people’s Odyssey is far from over.“For us, there can be no exit from the bailouts unless there is an end to the vicious cycle of austerity, unemployment and widespread social crisis,” it said in a statement.Tsipras has repeatedly issued assurances that his left-led government will tread the mandated course of fiscal virtue.In Ithaca, he promised “prudence and responsibility, so that we never return to the Greece of budget deficits and bankruptcy.”At the same time though, Tsipras is under pressure to provide some form of relief to wide swathes of the population hard-hit by the recession — chiefly pensioners, the unemployed and low-income groups.Government officials say this will be publicly formulated in early September, at the opening of an annual trade fair in the northern city of Thessaloniki which is traditionally a platform for governments to announce their economic policy plans.last_img read more


first_imgIt is believed that this matter was targeted and police have no information to suggest that the greater public is at further risk.DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – Thursday, November 8th, 2018 at 8:34 AM Dawson Creek RCMP were notified of a home invasion which had just occurred at a unit in the Hillcrest Motel in Pouce Coupe, BC.When police arrived, it was determined that the victim had been assaulted and that the suspect had stolen a black Dodge dually pickup. The pickup was located later in the day abandoned on Road 201 off of Hwy 49 near the Alberta border.Dawson Creek RCMP are seeking information from any witnesses that may have noticed suspicious activity, vehicles, or persons at the Hillcrest Motel in Pouce Coupe on November 8th, 2018, or anyone that may have observed the black Dodge dually pickup being left on Road 201 off of Hwy 49 near the Alberta border later that day.Anyone with information on these matters is asked to call the Dawson Creek RCMP at 1-250-784-3700 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS DAWSON CREEK, B.C. -Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 at 9:05 AM Dawson Creek RCMP were notified of a victim suffering serious injuries. The adult male was found on Landry Rd in the area of Rolla near Dawson Creek and investigation has determined that the male may have been in the area for some time, possibly overnight.RCMP are seeking information from any witnesses that may have noticed suspicious activity, vehicles, or persons on Landry Road in the Rolla subdivision northeast of Dawson Creek on or near November 6th and 7th, 2018last_img read more