Call: 0123456789 | Email: info@example.com

Category: mqhdyggdw


first_imgWEST BROMWICH, England (AP): Chelsea clinched the English Premier League at the first opportunity on Friday, beating West Bromwich Albion 1-0 through Michy Batshuayi’s 82nd-minute goal to take an unassailable 10-point lead. Chelsea manager Antonio Conte jumped into the arms of his fellow coaches near the dugout after Batshuayi — just on as a substitute — poked home a close-range finish from Cesar Azpilicueta’s cutback. It is a second top-flight league title in three seasons and sixth in total for Chelsea, which have led the standings since early November. Conte became the fourth manager to win the Premier League in his first season in English football and he was thrown in the air by his celebrating players in joyous scenes. The Italian has had the golden touch, and it extended to the title-clinching game. Chelsea were being frustrated by a stubborn West Brom defending deep and in numbers, so Conte decided to take off Eden Hazard and Pedro Rodriguez and bring on Batshuayi — surprisingly — and Willian. Six minutes later, the Belgium striker was scoring the biggest goal of his career and being mobbed by teammates in front of Chelsea’s jubilant visiting fans. It was only Batshuayi’s second league goal, and first since August. “The beauty of football,” Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas said, “a player who didn’t play a lot scores the winning goal for the championship.” It marked the end of a title race that has been dominated by Chelsea, with only Tottenham giving chase. Spurs lost at West Ham 1-0 last week to give Chelsea three opportunities to clinch the league. They needed only one. Chelsea have won 28 of their 36 games, including nine of their last 11 matches. It’s a remarkable turnaround for a club that finished 10th in the league last season in the worst-ever Premier League title defense. “Consistently we have been the best team in the league,” Chelsea defender Gary Cahill said. “There is no better feeling in football. People have written us off as a team and individually and this has shut them up.” Conte’s team has also reached the final of the FA Cup, where they will play Arsenal at Wembley Stadium on May 27.last_img read more


first_imgAll the newspapers, particularly the Kotoko Weekly said Asante Kotoko was ready for Africa and the first casualty should be Liberian champions, Barrack Young Controllers.It was in the 1/16th preliminary qualifying round of the CAF Championship League at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi.Ghanaian soccer fans had expected a massive victory of more than three goals to nothing against the Liberian champions which sadly for them could not happen.For one thing, while Asante Kotoko was hosting BYC, Berekum Chelsea was scheduled to engage Atlabar FC from South Sudan in another Champions League match while Medeama SC was expected to battle FC Panthers of Equatorial Guinea.Another Ghanaian club Mysterious Ebusua Dwarfs had Senegalese side Diaraf FC to contend with.So then Asante Kotoko had the burden to take lead and let other clubs follow.And the Barrack Young Controllers would be the sacrificial lambs.Until the game on Sunday, February 9, the mood among Ghanaian soccer fans, particularly those of Asante Kotoko was that of optimism.Another point that increased their expectation was that during last year’s tournament, Kotoko had eliminated their opponents from Equatorial Guinea 7-1 on goal aggregate.Kotoko executed a 4-4-2 formation but Barrack Young Controllers had a pack midfield and utilized the wings, one of the few that forced Kotoko to concede the direct kick that Isaac Pupo got the equalizer in the 41st minute to cancel Kotoko’s lead. With Kotoko’s pressure to get goals, BYC recoiled in their defense but with occasional counter-attacks.Absorbing the pressure from Kotoko, BYC would open up when it was necessary but it was clear that the sustained pressure from Kotoko would crumble their defense, which resulted to Kotoko’s two goals.For example, BYC made their first attempt in the 19th minute but Junior Barshall sent a feeble shot that goalkeeper Soulama Abdoulaye collected without any problem.When Isaac Pupo’s direct kick zoomed into the net for the equalizer, it placed enormous pressure on Kotoko since a possible draw could end the dream of the Porcupine Warriors (Asante Kotoko).Kwabena Adusei restored Kotoko’s lead in the 71st minute from another spot kick won by Seidu Bansey from a 50-50 challenge with BYC’s goalie, Nathaniel Sherman.Goalkeeper Nathaniel Sherman played a yeoman’s game and stood up gallantly against Kotoko’s several onslaughts which in the end send the whole of Kumasi to an early bed, and as a result prepared a second leg 50-50 chance in Monrovia this coming Sunday.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more


first_imgThe World Health Organization (WHO) has donated a CT scan machine to the Jackson Fiah Doe (JFD) Referral Hospital in Tappita, Lower Nimba County.The hospital Board Chairman, Peter Weato, announced the donation to reporters on Saturday, in Ganta, Nimba Country.However, the CT Scan, Mr. Weato said, is yet to be delivered to the hospital due to the deplorable condition of the road linking Ganta with Tappita.“(Although) WHO has donated a brand new CT scan to the hospital, the challenge we are faced with is how to get the machine to the hospital in Tappita because the road network is so bad to the extent that we don’t want to risk taking the equipment until the road condition improves with the ushering in of the dry season,” Mr. Weato said.Furthermore most of the hospital’s vehicles have developed mechanical faults and are down due to the bad road condition, hampering the smooth operation of the hospital.The JFD Hospital is a regional referral hospital where many Liberians and citizens from neighboring countries visit regularly for medical checkups, especially for conditions requiring CT scans. A computed tomography (CT) scan uses X-rays to make detailed pictures of structures inside of the body. A CT Scan (or CAT Scan) is best suited for viewing bone injuries, diagnosing lung and chest problems, and detecting cancers. It is one of the fastest and most accurate tools for examining the chest, abdomen and pelvis because it provides detailed, cross-sectional views of all types of tissue. It is also used to examine patients with injuries from trauma such as a motor vehicle accidents. CT Scan is performed on patients with acute symptoms such as chest or abdominal pain or difficulty breathing. It is often the best method for detecting many different cancers, such as lymphoma and cancers of the lung, liver, kidney, ovary and pancreas since the image allows a physician to confirm the presence of a tumor, measure its size, identify its precise location and determine the extent of its involvement with other nearby tissue.It can be recalled that in April this year, the Daily Observer visited the hospital where it was confirmed that the CT Scan was down. At the time, the hospital’s Deputy Medical Officer, Dr. James Sobboh II, assured the public that the hospital was doing everything possible to acquire a new CT Scan.“We have many other types of equipment here that are used for diagnosis, because the CT Scan is not the only machine that does diagnosis,” he said.During the Daily Observer’s visit, the hospital was in the process of bringing in an MRI or “Magnetic Resonance Imaging” machine, an advanced diagnostic machine.According to Dr. Sobboh, the MRI gives a larger and clearer picture than the CT Scan. He said the hospital is trying to construct another compartment that would host the equipment.This newspaper also discovered that one of the giant generators powering the hospital was down, leaving the hospital with two generators, a situation that causes a shortage of electricity at certain times of the day and night.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more


first_imgSAN DIMAS – Los Altos High School’s softball team powered its way to the championship of the San Dimas Tournament with an 8-3 victory over Alta Loma on Saturday. “It feels awesome, these girls, they earned it,” Los Altos coach Sarah Farnworth said. The Conquerors started fast with a 5-0 lead after two innings. The big blow in the second was a three-run home run by tournament co-MVP Latisha Dedeaux. Alta Loma scored two runs in the fifth, but the rally was cut short when it had a runner tagged out at the plate. “This win gives us momentum … 5-0, first in tournament, it’s a good way to start league,” Farnworth said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!center_img After the Braves pushed across another run in the sixth to cut the lead to two, Los Altos responded. The Conquerors scored on a wild pitch and then had a runner on third with one out when Dedeaux came up and hit her second homer of the game. “She really, really stepped up this weekend,” Farnworth said. “She took advantage of every opportunity.” The other co-MVP was Los Altos’ Diana-Lynn Patterson, who earned her fifth victory despite giving up her first earned runs of the season. Los Altos’ Samantha Perez and Amber Lopez also were named All-Tournament. last_img read more


first_img0Shares0000Cristiano Ronaldo to stay in Italy rather than attend FIFA awardsLONDON, United Kingdom, Sep 24 – Cristiano Ronaldo will not be attending tonight’s FIFA Best Awards in London, despite being the favourite to win Player of the Year.The Portuguese forward played and scored during Juventus’ win over Frosinone on Sunday night and is expected to start against Bologna on Wednesday. And it is understood Ronaldo has decided to stay in Italy to focus on his club games, rather than attend the awards, where he could potentially win his sixth World Player of the Year honour.Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and Real Madrid’s Luka Modric, Ronaldo’s challengers for the award, are expected to attend the ceremony at Royal Festival Hall.Ronaldo has enjoyed another very successful year, helping Real Madrid to Champions League glory for the third year in a row, before joining Serie A champions Juventus in the summer.But he faces stiff competition from Modric, who was named Player of the Tournament after helping Croatia reach the final, and Salah, who won the Premier League Golden Boot after a remarkable campaign with Liverpool.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more


first_img A fan makes his feelings known about Karl Oyston Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has been charged by the Football Association for text messages in which he called a supporter “a retard”.Back in December it emerged that Oyston had sent a series of texts to fan Stephen Smith, who he told to “enjoy the rest of your special needs day out”.Oyston is also reported to have told Smith to “f*** off back under whatever rock you reside under”.After being criticised by Blackpool fans and a number of organisations, Oyston responded by issuing an apology on the Blackpool website,However, the FA announced on Monday that the messages allegedly constituted five breaches of its rules and the Tangerines chief now has until 6pm on March 30 to respond to the charge.A statement on the FA’s website read: “Blackpool FC Chairman Karl Oyston has been charged by the FA in relation to comments made in a text message exchange.“It is alleged that the misconduct constituted five breaches of FA rules, and that during the text message exchange, Mr Oyston used abusive and/or insulting words towards a supporter of Blackpool FC.“It is further alleged that each of these five breaches of FA Rule E3(1) is an ‘Aggravated Breach’ as defined in Rule E3(2), as each included a reference to disability.“Mr Oyston has until 6pm on March 30, 2015 to respond to the charge.” 1last_img read more


first_imgCheltenham Festival has cancelled the booking of a group of footballers after pictures claiming to show one of the players urinating into a beer glass were published.MK Dons midfielder Samir Carruthers was caught by a photographer as he relieved himself on a balcony while surrounded by racegoers at the prestigious meet.The series of images printed in The Sun newspaper appear to then show a glass of liquid being poured over the railing by another man as 22-year-old Carruthers watches and grinsCheltenham has now blocked the party from attending day two of the Festival, with the track tweeting: “In regards to images of inappropriate behaviour from yesterday, we have cancelled their booking for today.”Sophia Dale, the Festival’s head of communications, added on Sky Sports News HQ: “It was just this small group of people who made this incident happen and they are not welcome today.”MK Dons have launched an investigation into the pictures and said that while Carruthers was involved, neither he nor any other MK Dons player threw it over the balcony.MK Dons said in a statement: “The club is aware of pictures circulating in the national media of one of its players at the Cheltenham Festival. The club has commenced an internal investigation into the matter.”Bristol City defender Luke Ayling was also pictured alongside Carruthers, with his arm around the Dons player at one point.While there is no suggestion of any wrongdoing from the 24-year-old, the Robins said in a statement: “We are aware of the disappointing images from the Cheltenham Festival that have been printed in various national newspapers this morning.“We will be speaking to the players concerned and will take appropriate action where necessary.” Samir Carruthers is in trouble for his antics at the opening day of the Cheltenham Festival 1last_img read more


first_imgVAN NUYS – Life in prison without the possibility of parole is the sentence passed today for a man convicted in the 1999 kidnapping and murder of a Woodland Hills businessman. Boris George Graham, 37, was convicted Oct. 5 of first-degree murder for the Feb. 8, 1999, slaying of 30-year-old Christopher Rawlings, who was forced into the trunk of his Bentley and died when the vehicle crashed as his abductors attempted their getaway. Along with murder, Graham was convicted of kidnapping to commit another crime, kidnapping for carjacking, carjacking, residential robbery, residential burglary and evading an officer causing death. Jurors also found true the special circumstance allegations of murder during the commission of a kidnapping, carjacking, burglary and robbery. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhicker: Clemson demonstrates that it’s tough to knock out the champVan Nuys Superior Court Judge Martin Herscovitz declined the defense’s request for a new trial for Graham. Graham — who has a 1988 assault conviction — is the second person to be tried for Rawlings’ killing. Kirell Taylor was convicted in October 2001 of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Two men followed Rawlings to his home, assaulted him and forced him into the trunk of his 1998 Bentley. The pair then entered the victim’s home, took jewelry and other property and started driving off in the luxury car. Rawlings’ wife and their children had been hiding in the home, and the woman called police from the residence. Responding officers saw the suspects driving away and chased after the Bentley, which collided with another vehicle in Tarzana, crashed into a tree and burst into flames. The suspects escaped, but Taylor was arrested soon afterward. Graham was taken into custody in January 2004 in Hollywood, Fla. He had been profiled twice on the television show “America’s Most Wanted,” prompting a tipster to report that Graham was living somewhere in south Florida. That information helped authorities track him down. For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more


first_imgTom Cruise skipped a “Mission: Impossible III” press conference in Paris to go shopping for baby outfits for his new daughter, organizers said. Hours later, the 43-year-old actor arrived by helicopter at La Defense, the sleek high-rise complex on the western edge of Paris, where thousands of fans massed Wednesday ahead of a red carpet showing of his new film. Cruise treated them to autographs. His fiancee, Katie Holmes, and their week-old daughter, Suri, stayed home in Los Angeles while Cruise was in Europe this week to promote his role as superagent Ethan Hunt. At the press conference, “Mission: Impossible III” director J.J. Abrams playfully asked Michelle Monaghan what it was like to kiss Cruise with Holmes on the set. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event“Was it weird?” he asked. No way, the actress replied. “Just in general to kiss Tom Cruise is, you know … an experience of a lifetime,” she joked. “I highly recommend it. … I said to Katie, `I understand why you keep him around.”‘ Suri is the first child for Cruise and Holmes, 27. Cruise told reporters in London on Tuesday that he had called Holmes “about a billion times” to check on their new baby. He spent more than two hours on the red carpet outside a London theater greeting well-wishers. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img

first_imgDONEGAL GAA legend Brian McEniff is to become a selector….for County Louth.The man who led the county to all-Ireland glory in 1992 had been advising Louth manager Peter Fitzpatrick this year.But that role is to become more official for the 2012 season with the Donegal businessman set to be made a selector. McENIFF TO BECOME LOUTH SELECTOR was last modified: November 4th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Brian McEniffdonegalLouthselectorlast_img read more